LINK-GIS is one of the nation’s pioneering GIS systems. What began in 1985 as a tool for one governmental agency to use in an environmental clean-up has become a wide-ranging service for a variety of public and private uses.
How Does LINK-GIS Work?
LINK-GIS is an internet-based tool used for analyzing data and information about our area. By allowing you to view the data in the form of a map or chart, LINK-GIS gives you the ability to overlay different information to see how it all interacts. This helps make the data easier to understand and easier to use for a wide variety of people and purposes.
Who Uses LINK-GIS?
For the last twenty years, LINK-GIS has been a valuable planning tool and resource for local governments. In recent years, LINK-GIS has been made available to businesses and citizens who have found many ways to put it to good use.
How is LINK-GIS used?
- Fire departments use LINK-GIS to develop easy-to-read maps that help them find the fastest route to your neighborhood.
- Police departments use LINK-GIS to assist in fighting crime.
- School districts use LINK-GIS to create the best bus routes based on where students live.
- Traffic engineers use LINK-GIS to more easily identify growth patterns in your community so they can adjust traffic lights, widen roads or prohibit truck traffic.
- Businesses use LINK-GIS to plan developments and obtain real estate information.
- Residents use LINK-GIS to help plan projects on their property and learn more about their community.
The LINK-GIS Mission
To share Northern Kentucky’s unparalleled geographic resources with the world!
- Positive Attitude
Deliver unparalleled data to empower Northern Kentucky.